2018 Sierra Nevada Region Soroptimist Development Retreat
Governor Lane welcomed us and spoke about the history of the Soroptimist Development Retreat, the new SNR Board of Directors performed a skit about Soroptimist through the decades and SIA President Dawn Marie Lemonds gave us a wonderful talk about Heroines in the Making. Our Keynote Speaker, Carolyn Carver, spoke about Communicating Across Generations on Saturday, and followed that up on Sunday with a presentation about Embracing Change. Learn more about Carolyn at her website. The weekend was fun, inspiring and very educational!
The following breakout sessions were held at the 2018 SDR:
JULY 7, 2018
- 1:30 – Secret Language of Soroptimist
- 1:30 – Presidents/President Elects:
- Conducting Effective Meetings Handout
- Sierra Nevada Region Bylaws & Fiscal standing rules
- Sierra Nevada Region Policies
- Sierra Nevada Region Procedures
- Soroptimist Int’l of the Americas Bylaws, Procedures and Resolutions
- Leadership Tip: Appreciate your members
- Book Recommendation: Roberts Rules of Order revised
- 1:30 – Secretaries
- 1:30 – Dream It Be It – Let’s Get This Off The Ground
- 2:45 – Visualizing the Dream – Strategic Planning Made Easy
- 2:45 – “Technically Speaking” Social Media for Novice
- 2:45 – Bookkeeping and the Government, Oh What Fun! – Part One
- 2:45 – Team Work makes the Dream Work!
- 4:00 – Engaging New Members!
- 4:00 – Quick and Easy Fundraising So much more on the Fundraising Ideas page!
- 4:00 – Treasurers – The Fun Continues – Part Two
- 4:00 – Maximizing the Dream Programs – What is the next step?
JULY 8, 2018
- 9:00 – “Technically Speaking” (Are you ready for next step?)
- 9:00 – Woman Speak – Turning your fear of speaking into POWER!
- 9:00 – Leadership and Developing Diversity
- 9:00 – Mind, Body & Spirit Yoga for You!
- 10:15 – Mentoring: Making the Most of ourselves and Those Around Us
- 10:15 – Healthy, Wealthy and Wise Clubs
- 10:15 – Be a Winner – How to Win Region Awards
- 10:15 – Membership and Meeting Tools: