Call for the 4th Annual Board Meeting of the Sierra Nevada Region is out. Click for Call and Agenda:
On behalf of your Sierra Nevada Region and Sierra Pacific Region Board of Directors and our Soroptimist Development Retreat (SDR) coordinators, you are invited (and encouraged) to attend SDR on July 27 and 28, 2019 at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa in Reno!
In just a few short weeks, we will be starting our new club year and the Soroptimist Development Retreat is a great way to start it off! The retreat sets the stage for a fresh start with fresh new ideas! We will have professional speakers at our meals and there will be 25+ workshops to choose from! There will be training for new officers of course, plus tons of information on how to make your club stronger, like: “Inspiring new members” “Marvelous meetings, Let’s change it up”, how to maximize your Live Your Dream award and how to carry out a Dream It, Be It program. There will also be opportunities for personal growth like “Mastering the Work-Life Balance” and “Don’t Stop now: Making the most of the rest of your life.”
An added benefit this year is that we are doing this event with a neighbor region! Sierra Pacific Region will be joining us so we will be able to meet new Soroptimists and hear from new workshop presenters! Sierra Pacific Region encompasses the central valley of California and coast and peninsula from San Francisco to San Luis Obispo.
Our speakers will be Machen MacDonald, best-selling author and coach with Pro Brilliance Leadership Institute; and Kate Doscher with California Interpersonal Skills, with one more speaker to be announced soon!
Our event officially starts at noon on Saturday, but we will be having two bonus sessions on Legislative Advocacy and Trafficking at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday. So come early and hear more on these key issues.
Hotel registration is open: Atlantis Casino Resort Spa Or you can call (800) 723-6500 and use the code: SISDR19. Make your hotel reservations by July 5 to assure that you have a room and that it is at our special rate of $159 (plus taxes and fees, which are reduced for us this year).
We hope to see you there! Register Today!
Lane Parks, SNR Governor;
Gail Dekreon, SPR Governor
Jackie Sillman and Loretta Forniciari, SDR Coordinators
2018 Sierra Nevada Region Soroptimist Development Retreat
Governor Lane welcomed us and spoke about the history of the Soroptimist Development Retreat, the new SNR Board of Directors performed a skit about Soroptimist through the decades and SIA President Dawn Marie Lemonds gave us a wonderful talk about Heroines in the Making. Our Keynote Speaker, Carolyn Carver, spoke about Communicating Across Generations on Saturday, and followed that up on Sunday with a presentation about Embracing Change. Learn more about Carolyn at her website. The weekend was fun, inspiring and very educational!
The following breakout sessions were held at the 2018 SDR:
JULY 7, 2018
- 1:30 – Secret Language of Soroptimist
- 1:30 – Presidents/President Elects:
- Conducting Effective Meetings Handout
- Sierra Nevada Region Bylaws & Fiscal standing rules
- Sierra Nevada Region Policies
- Sierra Nevada Region Procedures
- Soroptimist Int’l of the Americas Bylaws, Procedures and Resolutions
- Leadership Tip: Appreciate your members
- Book Recommendation: Roberts Rules of Order revised
- 2:45 – “Technically Speaking” Social Media for Novice
- 4:00 – Engaging New Members!
- 4:00 – Treasurers – The Fun Continues – Part Two
- 4:00 – Maximizing the Dream Programs – What is the next step?
JULY 8, 2018
- 9:00 – “Technically Speaking” (Are you ready for next step?)
- 9:00 – Woman Speak – Turning your fear of speaking into POWER!
- 9:00 – Leadership and Developing Diversity
- 9:00 – Mind, Body & Spirit Yoga for You!
- 10:15 – Mentoring: Making the Most of ourselves and Those Around Us
- 10:15 – Healthy, Wealthy and Wise Clubs
- 10:15 – Be a Winner – How to Win Region Awards
- 10:15 – Membership and Meeting Tools: