Sierra Nevada Region holds a Soroptimist Development Retreat every year to assist in the training and improvement of Soroptimists with breakout sessions and keynote speakers. See below for past SDR events.
2020 Soroptimist Development Retreat
The 2020 Soroptimist Development Retreat was held virtually due to Covid-19 restrictions. You can still review the material here: 2020 SNR SDR
Call for the 4th Annual Board Meeting of the Sierra Nevada Region is out. Click for Call and Agenda:
On behalf of your Sierra Nevada Region and Sierra Pacific Region Board of Directors and our Soroptimist Development Retreat (SDR) coordinators, you are invited (and encouraged) to attend SDR on July 27 and 28, 2019 at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa in Reno!
Lane Parks, SNR Governor;
Gail Dekreon, SPR Governor
Jackie Sillman and Loretta Forniciari, SDR Coordinators
- 10:30 Nevada/California Legislative Advocacy
- 10:30 Human and Sex Trafficking
- 12:00 Lunch – Keynote Speaker – Machen Macdonald
Dream solutions for difficult situations
- 1:30 Master the Work Life Balance
- 1:30 You’ve got this! Presidents/President Elects
- 1:30 Ambitions of the Perfect Club Secretary
- 1:30 Stars, Dreams and Wishes – Dream It Be It (Part One)
- 1:30 Demystifying the Treasurers Job (Part One)
- 2:45 Igniting the Dream – Secret Language of Soroptimist
- 2:45 Maximizing the Dreams on Social Media
- 2:45 Public Speaking for the Dreamer
- 2:45 Wishes, Dreams and the Plan – Dream It Be It (Part Two)
- 2:45 Don’t Stop Now: Making the Most of the Rest of Your Life
- 4:00 Light Up Our Dreams – Inspiring New Members
- 4:00 Create Your Bash, Make Some Cash – Fundraising
- 4:00 Seeing the Magic in the Treasurers Job (Part Two)
- 4:00 Living Your Dreams Beyond the Cash Award (Part One)
- 6:15 Dinner – Keynote Speaker – Carol Scofield
Set the goal, make the plan
- 7:00 Yoga & QiGong
- 9:00 Dreaming of a More Diverse Club
- 9:00 Don’t Just Dream It, Step Up For Leadership
- 9:00 Stars, Dreams and Wishes – Dream It Be It (Part One Repeat)
- 9:00 Let’s Recruit Those Who Wish to Live Their Dreams (Part Two)
- 9:00 You’ve Got This! Presidents/President Elects (Repeat)
- 10:15 Coaching for Success
- 10:15 Planning to Achieve the Dream
- 10:15 Wishes, Dreams and the Plan – Dream It Be It (Part Two Repeat)
- 10:15 Marvelous Meetings, Let’s Change It Up!
- 11:45 Lunch – Keynote Speaker – Kate Doscher
California Interpersonal Skills – Say What You Mean and Say It Well!
2018 Sierra Nevada Region Soroptimist Development Retreat
Governor Lane welcomed us and spoke about the history of the Soroptimist Development Retreat, the new SNR Board of Directors performed a skit about Soroptimist through the decades and SIA President Dawn Marie Lemonds gave us a wonderful talk about Heroines in the Making. Our Keynote Speaker, Carolyn Carver, spoke about Communicating Across Generations on Saturday, and followed that up on Sunday with a presentation about Embracing Change. Learn more about Carolyn at her website. The weekend was fun, inspiring and very educational!
The following breakout sessions were held at the 2018 SDR:
JULY 7, 2018
- 1:30 – Secret Language of Soroptimist
- 1:30 – Presidents/President Elects:
- Conducting Effective Meetings Handout
- Sierra Nevada Region Bylaws & Fiscal standing rules
- Sierra Nevada Region Policies
- Sierra Nevada Region Procedures
- Soroptimist Int’l of the Americas Bylaws, Procedures and Resolutions
- Leadership Tip: Appreciate your members
- Book Recommendation: Roberts Rules of Order revised
- 2:45 – “Technically Speaking” Social Media for Novice
- 4:00 – Engaging New Members!
- 4:00 – Treasurers – The Fun Continues – Part Two
- 4:00 – Maximizing the Dream Programs – What is the next step?
JULY 8, 2018
- 9:00 – “Technically Speaking” (Are you ready for next step?)
- 9:00 – Woman Speak – Turning your fear of speaking into POWER!
- 9:00 – Leadership and Developing Diversity
- 9:00 – Mind, Body & Spirit Yoga for You!
- 10:15 – Mentoring: Making the Most of ourselves and Those Around Us
- 10:15 – Healthy, Wealthy and Wise Clubs
- 10:15 – Be a Winner – How to Win Region Awards
- 10:15 – Membership and Meeting Tools: